Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Logo Design & End Credits Design





Logo and Rational:

For the logo, I decided to keep it simple but packed with symbols that represent us as a group.



For the final product, I took the sketched renditions and I trace them in Photoshop, add the stylised underline and add the film reel symbol. Once I was happy with my trace, I imported it over to After Effects, adding a shattered effect to it.









The signatures represent me and Max and also adds a layer of professionalism to our group. Our names first letters also being used in the name of our company, MV Films, this creates a personal touch to it, rather then if I had chosen to use an impersonal word to represent our group. The symbol of the film reel signifies that we are a film company and adds a descriptive element to our logo. The shattered effect symbolises the title and theme of our film and I took inspiration from Warner Bros. who allowed developers to take the Warner Bros. logo and adapt it to the themes of their film. Taking this in mind, I not only added the shattered effect but I also changed the colour of the mirror background to a tinted red version, symbolising blood and thus reminding us of the thriller theme the clip is based on.
First Rendition:




Originally, I decided to go with a theme of flowers, for they represented death and life. The separation would have highlighted one of the major themes in a thriller, with that being Deaf and life, the separation shows that our company would and have explored both spectrums, implementing them in our films.

2nd rendition:
In my second edit, I decided that I would go for a more recognisable symbol rather than roses. The depiction of a girl next to a skull makes a clearer and bolder statement about the themes of life and death. The addition of 2018 at the bottom was to add a feeling of professionalism as it highlighted the date our group/company was founded.

3rd rendition:
In my third rendition, I decided to completely remove the symbol of life and death and was going to put up once again, a ladies face that was split in half but this time, one half would have been behind a shattered mirror, going with one of our major themes in the film being shattered mirrors and reflections. However, due to time constraints, I returned to photoshop and decided to use this as a template and work and create the logo of there, using after effects later to cause the logo to shatter like a mirror.

Credits Sequence:
For the credits sequence, I decided to use this template as I felt that it fitted incredibly well with our film and its themes.

It had the themes of a shattered mirror and when I followed the tutorial, I only had to make a few changes, that being a slight change to text placement and the photos used in the background of the film.



Final Edit:



I used these images as I thought that they would convey or summarise most of the movie up. I decided to use the bathroom floor as it would symbolise the location of the final mirror scene. For the pill bottle, I emptied it as then it would symbolise the potential of him having discarded the contents and having no use for it anymore, thus symbolising once again the possibility that he has gone to far to recover. The report is scrunched up as I thought that it would symbolise a fitting end to his "Smart and Perfect" image that the report card represents. Putting these images behind shattered mirror in the end credit, summarises the film completely and thus leaves the audience with a fitting image.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Foundation - Final Edit